Monday, August 17, 2015

Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman


Title: Radiant Darkness
Author: Emily Whitman
Series: N/A
Genre: Fantasy
Method of aquirement: library
My rating: 3 stars

I love the story of Hades and Persephone. Well, when it's told as a love story instead of making Hades sound like a creeper who kidnapped a young girl.
Radiant Darkness is one of these such versions. But while I enjoyed it, it definitely was not one of the best books I have read, which is why I did not rate it higher. There wasn't anything really wrong with it, I just didn't like it as much as I had hoped.  I thought the writing style/level was a bit sub par and I was not drawn into the story very much.
Demeter was also a terrible mother, and Persephone seemed to hate her, but then when she came back from the Underworld, Persephone and Demeter acted like best friends. 
And Demeter's reaction to Persephone leaving was dumb...but that's kind of how Greek gods and goddesses are, it seems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment