Sunday, June 26, 2011

The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal



The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
319 pages
    Soon after her sixteenth birthday, Princess Nalia receives life changing news: She is a false princess and her real name is Sinda. The king and queen got a prophecy that the princess would be murdered before her sixteenth birthday, so they hid the real Nalia away and replaced her with Sinda.
    After hearing this, Sinda is sent to live with her aunt, her only living family member. The real princess takes over and Sinda must live in an old, rustic town. When she finds out that she has magic in her, she returns to the city to learn how to control it. There in the city, she uncovers a terrible plot against the royal family and sees that Nalia might not be the true princess.
    With the help of her childhood friend, Kiernan, Sinda sets off to find the truth. But will she figure it out in time?


    "According to the oracle, there was a chance the princess could die, murdered, before her sixteenth birthday. All the oracle saw was blood, and the princess dead in this room."
    But I am sixteen, I thought hazily. Is that what they want to tell me, that I'm safe now?
    My father went on. "The princess was the only heir. We had to keep her safe, no matter what the cost. . . . We hid the princess away so she would be safe until after her sixteenth birthday. And we replaced her with another baby, a false princess. You."
    I am alone, I thought as I gazed around the hall. All of this, all my life, it was a dream. And it is ending.
    "What was my name?" I asked.
    For the first time, the queen stirred, raising her head to look at me. "Sinda," she said, her voice thin. "He said your name was Sinda."
                                                                 ~The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal


Would you read this book? Why or why not? If you have read it, what did you think of it? Please share you opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment