Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Movie Review: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader


Title: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Series: The Chronicles of Narnia, III
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: PG
Summary: Years have passed since the four Pevencie chilren left Narnia (in Prince Caspian) and now Lucy and Edmund, the youngest, are staying with their aunt and uncle while their parents and older siblings are in America. One large problem is their cousin, Eustace, who never does anything productive and spends his days making his cousins miserable.
When all three are transported to Narnia through a painting, things begin to change. Lucy and Edmund are reunited with Caspian, who is now King of Narnia. He has no idea why the children were called to Narnia, but he is glad to see them. When they find out their mission, their thoughts change. They are to find out the source of the evil green mist and destroy it by placing the seven lost sword on Aslan's table.
My Thoughts: When this movie came to theatres around Christmas, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it. I read the book a while ago and didn't really like it. I didn't like the really old movie version either.  After seeing part of the begining-in Spanish-I decided that I needed to see it. I borrowed it from the library and watched it the other night. It was amazing! I think it might be the best one yet.
    I was very surprised about how many Christian messages were expressed; the movie companies being non-Christian and all. The crew on the Dawn Treader is plunged into an adventure in which the goal is to defeat the evil that is tempting everyone. They must find the seven swords of the seven lords and place them on Aslan's table. The movie also tells us not to be greedy. Eustace, Lucy and Edmund's anoying cousin, greedily takes treasure from an island and face the consequences. At the end of the movie, Lucy asks Aslan if they will ever see him again. He responds by saying 'In your world I have another name. You must learn to know me by it' implying that he represents God.
    This movie is amazing. I give it a five star rating. There are some scary parts, so little children might not like it, though.

1 comment:

  1. i really like this movie. i was also very sad that in the book i could not whitness the very funny parts.

    ReplyDelete