Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year: 2013

Well, first, it's good to see that you all survived 2012 and didn't die when the world didn't end on 21st December!
And now, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



Do anything cool on New Year's Eve? I spent the night with friends, and at midnight, we ran around outside banging pots...it was so much fun!

Here are some highlights of 2012:
-I became a huge Star Wars fan...no other words are needed...
-I celebrated my first Star Wars day
-I saw all of the Lord of the Rings movies for the first time
-I think I found a group in which I belong...yay!
-I celebrated my first Hobbit Day
-I went to my first Comic-Con
-I discovered that I have the same birthday as Hermione Granger
-I read a ton of amazing books:
     Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
     The Dragon of Trelian by Michelle Knudson
     The Orphan King by Sigmund Brouwer
     The Force Unleashed by Sean Williams
     Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Okay, yes, I did read a TON of other books, and I'm sure that there were lots more amazing ones, but I can't remember any more right now...if I do, I'll come back and write them here...

Now, I guess I'm supposed to share my resolutions with you...so here they are:
-Finish the scarf I just started tonight...I'll post pictures when I do, I'm sure you guys will love it...
-Write more of the book that my friends and I are trying to write
-Read these books:
     Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic
     Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
     Starflower by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
And, like I said above, there are SOOO many more, but I can't think of them now...
-Get permission to read these 7 books:
    Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
(Wish me luck on that one...)
-Finish my plans for my dream house. I'll post more about this some other time...
-Get more into my fandoms than I already am
-Make costumes so I can join the Rebel Legion and the 501st Legion

The best gifts I got this year:
Birthday:
Photo: Look what came in the mail today! I love it :D
Yeah, go ahead and be jealous of my snitch...I know you are...
It's a pendant watch, and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Christmas:
my camera. (It's pink/red. The box says red, but in certain light, it's pink, so I say it's pink.)



Something I want to share with you (this is partly for you, Solace...): in the Sci-Fi magazine I looked at int he store today, they had a list of 10 fantasy figures/heroes they wanted to highlight. Legolas was one. At the bottom of the description of his awesomeness, it said that you can use Legolas' special power to defeat your opponents. Just show them this song, and they will leave you alone, or do whatever you want them to do:


And I thank you all for being nice, devoted followers, friends, and fellow fans and readers!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome :) Happy New Year to you too!
    I'm glad you became a Star Wars fan :) And Lord of the Rings, of course.
    I'm going to help you out on the Harry Potter one. Leave me a comment with your email and I'll find 'em online for you, and if you want I'll delete the comment later.
    Get into more fandoms? Good ones... Percy Jackson (I think you got that, even though I've never seen you fangirling over one), Game of Thrones (It's a bit mature, though), Doctor Who, and of course Avengers. Pirates is also really cool, but there's not a lot of devoted rum runners out there. Oh, and Read Pendragon. That book is as good is Percy Jackson, and that's saying something.
    Oh. Gosh. You share the same birthday as Hermoine!!! I just got one with the voice actor of Aragog... And you got the golden snitch!!! I've been dying to get that and the One Ring... and you haven't read the HP books yetttt and you still got it :( Aha, never mind me, I'm just jealous, and I won't deny that.
    Good luck on getting to read the books. It's never to late to do that. Even though you already started fangirling on it, I'd be very glad if you can. For now... I've never said this and I should've awhile ago... Welcome to the Potterhead world :)

    Eeeep! You left me smiling like an idiot in the last one. The youtube video... I once played the whole thing while studying :) It's just so... calming to hear his voice :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I'm a fan, too! :) Sure, I can leave you my emial sometime when I get the chance...my computer is weird, so idk when..
      Yeah, I've read Percy Jackson. They were great, but they are not my favourite. I haven't checked out Game of Thrones yet, but I'll see if it's something I want to get into. Pirates...well I'm already a huge fan of the music, so hopefully I will watch them soon.
      Yeah, for someone who isn't allowed to read Harry Potter, I do have a lot of the stuff...I have the snitch necklace, plus a display one, a time-turner, and the music on my mp3 player (listen to it right now, actually...)
      I'm doing my best to read it...I'll let you know as soon as I start for real.
      Thanks :) I'm glad to be a part of it :D
      I must say that Taking the Hobbits to Isengard gave me a headache after about three time throught the 10 hr version, but I think that I was getting one already...I'll have to try again and see how far I get.

      Delete
  2. Cool, I just slept on the New Year's eve. :P Good luck in completing your resolutions. That's awesome that you came a Star Wars and LOTR fan last year, those are my two favorite fandoms!

    -James

    ReplyDelete